Tuesday , June 15 2021

Vodacom faces a threat of exclusion on the "Please Call Me" agreement



Naked Kenneth Makate
Johannesburg – For five days, Vodacom will have to agree to pay the inventor of the service. Call me a settlement or eventually make a global response.

Protesters intend to head to Vodacom offices on January 31, demanding Nkosana Makate to get compensation.

The threat comes weeks after Makate called Vodacom an offer for insult.

Gauteng MEC Panyaza Lesufi gave the mobile operator a deadline of 31 January.

"We have to stand up against Ncosana, please, call me," create against this hooligan called "Vodokom", pay him by the end of the month, or face the nation's wrath, how would you dare even disrespect the judgments. "

Communications Minister Stella Nabbeni-Abrahams has heard about Vodacom's silence and "doing the right thing".

On Friday Lesufi said: "Vodacom should not ignore us. If they did not allow it by January 31, we will use all possible means. We will lobby institutions related to Vodacom. We have to lobby the state and we want to put pressure on Vodacom internationally. "

Lesuphy said he had been in contact with the South African embassies to get contacts that could help put pressure on the Vodacom abroad.

"I can not wish to see a young talented person who is experiencing this thing alone, and we need to provide solidarity," Lesuffi said, adding that he acts in a personal capacity.

Makate worked for Vodacom in the early 2000s and adopted the idea of ​​the Call Call Me service for the company's product development team. For 18 years, he has been involved in court proceedings and negotiations in an effort to get compensation for his idea.

In 2016, the Constitutional Court ruled that Vodacom should start negotiations with Makate for a reasonable payout. Earlier this year, Vodacom offered Makate what he said was "reasonable compensation".

Macate dismissed the proposal, calling him insult, and said he had consulted a legal team on how to deal with the issue.

Vodacom believes the issue is finalized.

"Vodacom has never said she had reached an agreement with Mr Makate. The Order of the Constitutional Court does not require Mr Makate to agree to the amount determined by the Group's Chief Executive Officer as reasonable compensation in his role as a disconnection mechanism, "said Vodacom spokesman Bryon Kennedy.

"On January 9, 2019, the executive director of the Vodacom Group delivered its decision and resolve both to the legal representatives of Mr Machete and to Vodakom. Following the Constitutional Court's order to the letter, Vodacom's view is that the decision of the executive director of the Vodacom Group, made in its judicially sanctioned role as an interruption mechanism, is final. Accordingly, we believe that the issue should be closed. "

The founder of #Please Call me Movement Sekgothe said the January 31 processions will be backed by ANC, Black First First Land and EDF.

"We have many people supporting the movement, they cancel their contracts with Vodacom," he said.

Sekgothe added that there is a plan for March at Vodaphone's offices, the Vodacom parent company in London in April.

Macate said he welcomed support, though he had not met with Lesufi or Segote. "We are now entering the final battle," he said.

However, Vodacom stressed that Makate needed to reach an agreement.

"Vodacom is ready and ready to pay as soon as the required bank details are provided by Mr Makate's lawyers. The ball is now in the yard of Mr. Macate, "Kennedy said.

Saturday with a star


Source link