A 61-year-old man from Chubout Eupen died this morning at Eskel hospital. This is one of the five cases confirmed by hantavirus in the province of the southern part of the country, of which two were interned and three were ambulatory.
Hospital authorities report that the patient is in critical condition and can not overcome the situation. He was a municipal employee. Last week a 14-year-old teen died from the same virus. He had entered the hospital area serious digestive picture.
In the last days Epuyén has registered five confirmed cases as positive for hantaviruses certified by the Carlos Malbran National Institute for Infectious Diseases, where samples are sent. He also cited sources from the Department of Health of Chubut TN.com.ar that there are others four cases reported as "suspects". Some of them are in outpatient tracing.
Following a wave of infections, the ministry officials demanded the presence of a team of national experts expected to arrive in the mountain area at the middle of the week to establish a strategy to fight the disease.
The most common form of infection is by the virus transmitted by the small rodent "Oligoryzomys longicaudatus", known as "mouse colilargo" in Cordillera. There he breeds especially during the flowering of the colihue cane, which is his favorite food and generates abundant flowering seeds, very rich in nutrients.
Once in the human body it causes pneumonia hantavirus syndrome fever, muscle pain, cough and headache,
After a few days, breathing problems get worse and develop in severe conditions that, if not controlled, can cause death due to respiratory failure or shock when the lungs are full of fluid in a complex situation for hospital authorities. .
Avoid coexistence with rodents and Connect with your secretions,
– Do not allow nests to enter or make nests in homes.
– Cover holes in doors, walls and pipes, maintaining hygiene with water and bleach, put gardens and firewood more than 30 meters away from the houses, slicing grasses and weeds on a 30-meter radius around the house. Clean the floor before cleaning to avoid dust.
– I ventilate at least 30 minutes before entering enclosed places (houses, sheds). Cover your mouth and nose with a wet handkerchief before entering.
– Perform cleaning (floors, tables, drawers and cabinets) with one part of bleach every ten water (leave 30 minutes and then rinse). Clean the floor before cleaning to avoid dust.
– When camping you do this away from weeds and landfills, do not sleep directly on the floor and consume drinking water.