An 18-year-old Bahiens, who was on holiday in El Bullón and Bariloche, was hospitalized in an Italian hospital with symptoms compatible with hantavirus, a disease that has already killed 14 people in the country.
This is confirmed by sources in the medical center, where the specialists have already sent the analyzes at the Malran Institute in Buenos Aires to confirm or rule off the case.
Research sources say the girl has headaches, muscle aches, abdominal presses and vomiting. And it will remain under surveillance until you get the results, probably after 48 hours.
Infectist Carla Boschetti confirmed to Telefe Bahia that her family is in isolation. "They are trying not to communicate with the rest of the population who are at home waiting to confirm or disprove the diagnosis," he explained.
today The new one publishes a note that many babies have increased the precautions with rodents, although there is no animal in our city to pass the hantavirus.
How it spreads
1) Inhalation: This is the most common reason. It is produced by inhaling the virus that is released from the stools or the urine of infected rodents, both in open and closed areas (sheds, orchards, pastures).
2) Through direct contact: by touching infected rodents (live or dead), or by touching the stools or urine.
3) Bites: when biting from infected rodents.
4) From Human Contact: between people through close contact with an infected person during the early days of symptoms.
People affected by the virus have fever, muscle aches, chills, headaches, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain and diarrhea. Generally, they do not contain nasal congestion or cold.
Breathing problems, known as "Hantavirus Cardiopulmonary Syndrome", may also occur. If a person is not treated in time, it can cause complications and even death.
How to prevent it
– Avoid coexistence with rodents and contact with their secretions.
– Prevent the entry or nesting of rodents into homes.
– If you are doing trekking, wear closed shoes and circulate only on permitted paths.
– Cover openings in the doors, walls and pipes.
– Perform cleaning (floors, walls, doors, tables, drawers and cupboards) with one part of the bleach on each of the nine water (leave 30 minutes and then rinse). Moisten the floor before sweeping to avoid dust.
– If you live in rural areas, place vegetable gardens and store firewood more than 30 meters away from houses, cut grasses and weeds to a radius of 30 meters around the house.
– Ventilate for at least 30 minutes before entering enclosed rooms (houses, sheds) and cover your mouth and nose with a N95 fuse before entering.
– If a dead rodent is found: Spray bleach with anything that may have been in contact and wait for at least 30 minutes. Then take it with gloves and dice it more than 30 centimeters deep or burn it.
– If a living rodent is found: use rodent poison or trap poison to catch it (do not try to touch it or hit it). Check with the municipality if there is a pest control service. (La Nueva and Telefe Bahia)