In addition, while 11 cases are under study (patients who have a negative test but require another test) and three are undefined.
As noted in the protocol, any action taken to block the focus was carried out before each notified case, including: disposal and remediation of the surrounding area, active search for fever, and promotion and awareness activities.
Especially in case of doubtful cases with a history of travel and cases with unspecified laboratory results, the fumigation of the area in question is added.
Given the viral circulation in some provinces in the northern part of the country, those planning to travel to an area with Zika, Dengue or Chikungunya are recommended:
- Avoid external exposure during the first hours of the morning and at dusk (the hours of greatest mosquito activity);
- Wear lightweight long-sleeved clothing and long trousers if you are doing outdoor activities;
- Use spirals or repellent tablets;
- Caring for babies and children;
- Use repellents on exposed skin and resume their application according to the instructions of the container and spray the garments with repellent because the mosquitoes can sting through the fine tissue clothes.