Wednesday , January 20 2021

Seattle woman dies from using tap water to wash




Seattle – A woman living in Seattle dies of an unusual amoebotic infection in the brain caused when she tried to wash her nostrils with tap water, doctors said.

The 69-year-old woman died in February after a brain surgery operation at the Swedish Medical Center. The doctor told the Seattle Times that "everywhere there are ammoes who eat their brains."

According to a study published in the International Journal of Infectious Diseases, doctors believe the woman is infected when she uses water from the tap to wash her nostrils.

Experts recommend using only distilled or sterilized water to disinfect nasal cavities. Tap water can contain microscopic organisms that can be drunk but can survive in the nostrils.

This type of infection is extremely unusual. There were only three cases in the United States between 2008 and 2017.


Source link