The heat stroke occurs when the body loses water and base salts and therefore encounters difficulties in temperature regulation. It is worth noting, first of all, that it can happen at the same time that the heat has suffered or after a few days of fever.
According to the information provided by the Ministry of Health of the Nation, you should consult a doctor immediately when you suffer from the symptoms, which are the following:
– Temperature higher than 39 ° C (measured in the armpits)
– Excessive sweating
– Dry skin
– exhaustion, fatigue or weakness
– Dizziness or fainting
– Stomach pain, lack of appetite, nausea or vomiting
– Headache (feeling palpitations or tightness)
In the case of babies, they may suffer from specific symptoms, such as skin that is very irritating to sweat in the throat, chest, armpits, creases and folds, and irritability (irresistible crying).
+ EXPECT MORE: The temperature exceeded 37 degrees and Cordoba had an eclipse
To prevent this, it is important to keep in mind the following tips:
– Avoid over-drinked caffeine or sugar beverages
– Avoid very cold or very hot drinks
– Avoid heavy meals
– Drink plenty of safe water throughout the day
– Reduce physical activity during the hottest hours.
– Stay in ventilated areas.
– Avoid eating plenty of food and eating fruits and vegetables.
– Elderly and pregnant women should remain particularly well hydrated and extreme care.
+ EXPECT MORE: Storm will come: extreme heat and anxiety for Cordoba
Among the youngest people are specific measures:
– Breastfeeding more often
– When they have more than 6 months, they constantly offer liquids, especially natural juices.
– Put them in deep, light, cotton and light colors or even remove them.
– Slowly wash them and drag your bodies.
– Offer calm games, avoid shaking.
– Avoid exposing them to sun, especially at noon, or protecting them from exposure if exposure can not be avoided: with appropriate clothing (hats, long sleeved clothing) and a suitable sunscreen.
– Keep them in well ventilated areas or with air conditioning (at home or in public places) when the ambient temperature is very high.
– Never stay with them in a parked and locked vehicle.
How to act if this happens?
Fast, you should try to lower body temperature with ice or bath in ice water.
It is also important:
– Offer fresh water (or even water with a teaspoon of salt)
– Move the face in a cool, ventilated place
– Do not use anti-inflammatory medicines
– Do not rub the skin with alcohol
The heat stroke can be very serious, especially for babies and young children.