Martin Moraux takes the passion. It is difficult to move it from the adrenaline that passes through your bones. In every subject that concerns you, there is a conviction in something that happens there.
He did so when he acquired Optica Soler in 2006 and started expanding the Cordoba brand. Now he goes to e-commerce with glasses. It can go on the market, it's easier and cheaper, but it hates it without a twist. He wants his place under two premises: to provide services and to guarantee accessibility.
"Optica Soler was born in 1967. He founded a pioneer in the field of contact, and in partnership with Voss, he created a brand that Pupilent Soler remembers over the age of 60. Inside the country, she received an impressive presence of" , shows.
– I remember it perfectly.
– Then Julio Soler, son of the artist, continued with the optics and continued to work for many years with the ups and downs of this country. He decided to sell, we knew each other because we had such a business, so we reached an agreement, got the brand and the structure. Today, grandson of founder Julietto Soler works here, which is my honor.
– Question zonza: What is selling glasses? Is it the same with any other business?
– From a commercial point of view, yes, it is similar to any other activity. But this is a category in which health is and that makes it different. There is a social responsibility that can not be transferred. Optics require training, training and professionalism, but there is also a commercial process similar to any other.
– Is the lens a sort of "commodity," and the frame is the place where the difference is made?
No, eye lenses are divided into monofocal, bifocal and progressive lenses. The first, the telescope to see nearby or distant, are commodities. There are frames that are also in this category. This good is the one that fights against the cheap telescope that sells on the street. But industry has advanced a lot in the production of lenses, especially progressive and multifocal. There are laboratories in Argentina who have invested so much to make amazing products.
– Where is the business, in volume or complexity?
The optical unit itself has significant profitability. From lenses to frame. Every optician applies its pricing policy to that. Our criterion is to develop a business vision, marked by volume, with the attention that the telescope must be accessible to those who need it for its health and social activities to be done for free.
– I was stuck to the question of profitability …
"The profitability I'm talking about made Cordoba a place with lots of optical competition, but with limited individual growth. This happened to Soler. When I took it, I made a radical change from commercial policy to image; everything. We managed to grow from one mouth to four. From two employees to 25, with a network of optics in the interior through special agreements.
"This is your hand for a young and restless businessman?"
– And now the new mouth, which is the digital channel: tiendasoler.com. We first sold sunglasses and frames. Two months ago we switched to the sale of prescription spectacles for which we had to apply a series of special tools. That was a huge challenge.
"I guess it's a recipe. How do they do it so he does not miss it?
– Of course. To make your prescription goggles, you have to take the distance between the pupils to center the lenses and that was the subject. With two programmers and engineer we developed the system. The person comes in, first chooses the frame, then we must assign the recipe to the ophthalmologist, then attach ourselves with a card, credit card size, or a forehead lift. This, through special software, allows us to get the distance between the holes. This is a great process.
– Do you know someone else who is applying it?
– Not in Argentina. But in Europe and the United States there is. Then we make the telescope and send it with parcel services. I'm a nut service. All orders that arrive before 14 will arrive at your destination the same day. Society loves him. We have areas in the country, such as Patagonia, where they ask us often because they are regions with little optics or the distances to make some are long.
– How much is the sale online?
– 50 percent of the billing of one of our stores. This is very good for us. Especially if we take into account that the Soler brand in Cordoba is well-known, but not in San Juan. We do important work with the brand. What we do is destructive. People are not used to buying glasses online, so we have to give a favor.
– Myths and Truths about the Online Store: It's Easy and Cheap.
-For nothing. Not easy or cheap. The easy and cheap thing to do is to shoot a cell phone on a telescope and put it on the market. But when you build a zero platform similar to ours, it is expensive, time consuming, requires many processes and people. Developers, designers, photographer. All this generates costs, time and delays. It's the same as creating a physical business, hard work.
"Are there big big channels in the eyewear business where everything is happening?"
"I can tell you there are no monopolies in the industry. There are many players and offer offers from national and international laboratories. I have always agreed with suppliers that we need to go hand in hand to expand the market.
– Sunscreen glasses are pure fashion?
– Thank God it's fashion. The telescope changed its presence in society. Before, someone who needed them even received harassment for him.
– "Anti-theatre, four eyes …"
– Today, celebrities show their glasses, and that changes the social criteria. We are not even close to what is happening on the European market, where the telescope is part of the world of fashion. They change the windows every season. I have a brother in Sweden, easy to use seven pairs a year. But this is part of the criteria applied to eye care.
"Cursed question: Are the glasses sold on the street so bad?"
– I have to say yes, but it has everything. The point is that people think they are solving a problem. Some even have a UV filter. We will be fools if we have not noticed that we should add them to the delivery of the item. We would not be aware of the reality of people. I am going back to the same thing: for this reason, the telescope must be accessible.
– Did the sale decline with the crisis?
-Yes, inflation has come down. We stayed. The rise in the dollar hit prices as raw materials are imported, in addition to finished products that come directly from outside.
– Thinking franchises?
– I thought, but I will not. Today all the weapons are in digital terrain, the world goes to that.
-The cover between social affairs and between prepaid is very different?
-Yes, everyone applies their policy. For me the coverage is still very low and limited. They reach many basic things. Some even do not cover anything. Daspu, for example, has enormous coverage. In Pami, we presented a project based on the present pensioner rather than the one that existed 50 years ago.
– How so?
– This image of the retired couple with the woman who knits and the man who plays the cups no longer exists. Current liabilities are very active. It even continues to work. They need another type of cover for their glasses. Here we cover a hundred percent multifocal. They can not believe it.
Heavenly: In the glasses
name, Martin More.
offspring, Thomas and Matthias.
company, Soler optics.
Natural mouth sales. Four.
Digital sale, tiendasoler.com
markets, About 2700 cups per month.
dataAnnabella Ronzoni is a key person in the company.
Ventilator of. Belgrano.
phone, (0351) 425-6021.
E-mail. [email protected]
The original text of this article was published on 25.11.2018 in our print edition.