This Wednesday is a national day of strike. Transport will be particularly affected. Piquets will be organized in various industrial areas of the country and in front of some large supermarkets.
→ On the shore
The transport side has to be affected throughout the network. Advice was submitted to De Lijn, Stib and TEC.
- on SNCB, which predicts that about half of the trains traveling on D-Day already announced a blocking on February 12, 22 am to 13 at the same time. SNCB advises its passengers to consult online travel planners to find out if trains will be traveling on their routes and know the timetables for them. 13 rail trains connecting large cities have to travel almost normally thanks to the alternative service plan (formerly known as minimal service). These are Ostend Brussels-Eupen, Blankenberge-Genk, Popering-Kurtra-Ghent-Antwerp, Charleroi-Brussels-Antwerp-Essen, Binche-Brussels-Tyrnhaus, Brussels-Namur-Arlon, Tourne-Namur, Ostende-Kurtra-Brussels , Kurtra-Brussels-Sint-Nicklaas, Ghent-Brussels-Laden, Liver-Liege-Gwy, Gwy-Luxembourg and Brussels-Antwerp-Breda-Amsterdam.
- In turn, the movement of high-speed trains must not be excessively disturbed. Thalys plans a one-time cancellation between Brussels and Paris (train departure at 7:13)Eurostar do not expect major problems for passengers traveling to England, and only people traveling from Eurostar to France (Lille or Calle) will have to reconsider their plans due to the closure of the terminal. "Intra-Schengen" at the Brussels-Midi station ICE (InterCity Express) and TGV, the interference should also be insignificant.
- IN STIBspokeswoman Françoise Lundune says she expects a network "very embarrassed if not flat", It's hard to figure out which lines will be served or not, but the situation will be updated in real time February 13 at 6:00, on the Twitter account public transport in Brussels. "If there is enough staff, we will concentrate our forces on the subway and the structuring lines that cross the most neighborhoods"She added, however, that she advised passengers to avoid traveling on Wednesday in the capital.
- From the side of TECtraffic can be very disturbed. Only 10% of the service will be provided in the Mons, Borinage and downtown areas, while 50% of the buses will have to travel to Western Hanoi. However, there are no forecasts for other regions, Walloon public transport companies say. But the company expects, in general, "to strong interference at all levels".It also invites its users to be informed before each departure and to provide an alternative for their trips.
- From Lijn said he expects serious interference in his network. Drivers who take the wheel will be on the most important routes. However, only on the day the service lines will be settled, depending on the number of drivers present.
The Belgian Transport Alliance confirmed this appeal by addressing all its members and invited them to stop their work on Wednesday.
→ In the air
- The airspace will be closed between 22:00 Tuesday and 22:00 on Wednesday, said the air traffic manager (Skeyes, ex-Belgocontrol). No airplane will arrive at a 24-hour take-off or landing at Belgian airports. Brussels Airlines took the lead in announcing the suspension of its operations. "The journeys of more than 16 000 passengers are affected"the company said.
- Flights will not be canceled in TUI flies, The airline will redirect them to Lille, Paris Orly, Maastricht, Eindhoven or Amsterdam airports. The affected passengers receive via SMS the practical information and the new flight schedule, the company announced on Tuesday evening. Thirty-six flights were hit by the strike for more than 5,000 passengers. The tour operator and his company provide 100 buses that will carry passengers to and from alternative airports.
→ At sea
Trade unions called for a strike in the US port of Antwerp and rely on the unification of the dockers. "We know from previous actions that such a call gets a lot of attention," – explained Mark Loridan for ABVV, but did not specify the exact course of action.
→ Education, Business and Hospitals
"The goal is the complete closure of the shops."
The complaint also applies training which has to be strongly influenced by February 13. "Movement is common and should be followed well." Besides teachers who do not want to work, the blockingPublic transport will significantly reduce the workforcesays Eugene Ernst, General Secretary of CSC Teaching. However, we will not block school records. Teachers who are not striking will be able to go to their workplace and provide day care for the children present. "
"We will be asking all the public services, we are calling for blocking the administrations throughout Wallonia, explains Pierre Vermeiren for CGSP. Hospitals will also be excluded work. We call for strong mobilization, but in terms of minimum patient service. "
We remind that trade unions protest against the maximum wage gap of 0.8%, which they consider to be too low. They announced the end of January for the strike after the failure of the negotiations on a new 2019-2020 professional agreement.
on collecting garbage bags in Brussels. Bruxelles-Propreté therefore invites the residents whose garbage containers are collected on Wednesday not to take them out. All container parks in the Brussels region will be open.
"In addition to stunning teachers who will not work, blocking public transport will seriously reduce the workforce."