On March 9, 2014, a reception was organized in Versailles for the official celebration of the 15th anniversary of the French-Japanese unification of Renault's Renault and Japan's Nissan, the French press reported. But contrary to the claims of Gao's lawyers, he actually celebrated his 60th anniversary in Versailles at the expense of the group, according to Le-e-eco and France Enfo. Dinner was prepared by Chief Alain Duque, and guests were invited to a tour around the palace and attended fireworks.
The EUR 630,000 account for the celebration was paid by the Dutch holding Renault-Nissan BV (Renault-Nissan BV), which controls the merger.
None of the Alliance members, however, remembered having been in the reception, except for two people – a close associate of Carlos Gonz and the head of the communications department, notes France envo.
Yet all of Gon's relatives were invited.
His lawyer, Jean-Eve Le Bourne, told the Figaro newspaper that it was not a birthday, and a professional dinner organized on March 9, the invitations were sent by Carlos Gon in his capacity as President and CEO of Renault on the occasion of the 15th anniversary of the alliance. There was no birthday cake, but a speech about the French-Japanese car reunion.
Last week, Reno approached the court that his former manager was in favor of 50,000 euros in kind under a contract of patronage with the Versailles Palace to arrange his wedding in one of the castle halls in October 2016. Later, Gon said he was ready to reimburse this amount.
Carlos Gon was arrested on November 19th in Tokyo, and has since been arrested on charges of lowering income declared and abusive trust. Gon resigned from Renault at the end of January, after being removed from the leadership of the other members of the group, Nissan and Mitsubishi.