From there he says that:
– the Roma have a great fear not only for the property, but also for their lives and the lives of their children. In the houses that were broken (and one lit up) last night, there were children. Real luck is that they have not suffered. The presence of gendarmerie brings a slight reassurance, but there are also "ultras" in the city that are threatening with self-government. The overall social environment is highly hostile;
– most children today were not in school, and the rest were advised to be absent by the end of the week: at the suggestion of the Amalipe Center and with a decision of the Municipal Council of 2018, the detached "Roma" school was closed and the children were integrated into all Gabrovo schools. The created tension threatens to frustrate the whole process of integration of Roma children in mainstream schools.
– most of the Roma working in the BC were not at work today. Cbut few people guarded by the gendarmerie cleared the square, but there would be a serious problem in the city if the current situation persists;
– the victims whose homes were attacked yesterday claim they have nothing to do with the three recidivists who committed the beating on April 7. They are convinced that young people who have broken their houses and threatened the lives of their children will not be punished because the law does not apply to all;
– today during the day were destroyed uninhabitable and dangerous to live municipal dwellings, down for demolition
– and now there is Gabrovo families that are native and who have no relatives outside the city to go to. They are expecting new protests because of the Internet is overwhelmed by threats and intimidated. The worst is the situation with families with young children (one of them is a 20-day-old baby) with which Amalipe Center has been in constant contact today, seeking alternatives for support.
Gabrovo is one of the cities with the least Roma. According to the 2011 census, only 343 out of 55387 live in the city are identified as Roma. Even if we add some of the 473 citizens who have been identified as Turks, this does not change the fact that one hundred Gabrovo people are only Roma. There is also the fact that there is no Roma neighborhood in Gabrovo. Community representatives live in different parts of the city, and there is not much crowding, like other cities. Some of the families are housed in municipal dwellings – also in different parts of the city, complement the center.
The photo is a protest in the city tonight. They were provoked by beating an employee in a supermarket of three Roma.