Tuesday , June 15 2021

A young man is charged in connection with the Kingston Terrorism Investigation



Canadian press

Posted Friday, January 25, 2019 11:35 EST

Last Updated on Friday, 25 January, 2019 11:57 EST

The CCP claims that they have accused a Kingston youth of terrorism, claiming he tried to make someone bomb.

He is accused of knowingly facilitating terrorist activity and advising someone to use an explosive or other lethal device to cause death or serious bodily injury.

Police say no device was planted.

They also arrested an adult man, but they have not accused him of anything at this point.

The RCMP wrote on Thursday evening that "all action is being taken to ensure public safety" and more information will be provided at a press conference Friday.

The RCMP said they "worked closely" with the Kingston police, calling it "an ongoing and evolving situation."

Public Security Minister Ralph Guale said that all operational details on the RCMP investigation will be published by the Mounties, adding that the country's security agencies act on reliable information about potential threats.

"The government of Canada has no more responsibility than to keep its citizens safe," Gudele said in a statement Thursday evening. "Earlier today, the RCMP and other police partners took action in Kingston, Ontario, based on credible information to ensure public security."

The RCMP says the participating agencies include the US FBI, Kingston Police, Ontario Provincial Police, Canada Border Agency, and the federal agency that monitors suspicious financial activities. A press conference was promised in Kingston earlier this afternoon when the police will give more details.

"The Canadian government constantly monitors all potential threats and has strict measures to deal with," Goodale said in a statement. "Canadians can be confident that when reliable information on a potential threat is obtained, RCMP, CSIS and other police and security agencies take appropriate steps to ensure the security of this country and the safety of its citizens."

Goodale said the official threat level in the country remains "average". It is at this level since autumn 2014.


Source link