Amazon recently launched a new Alexa featured called "Routines." When you speak a certain preset command, like "Alexa, good morning," you can set Alexa to perform certain actions, like you read the weather, start playing music and tell you how long it will take you to get to work. Here's how to create a custom morning routine, but you can change any of these steps to make something else too.
- Open the Alexa app on your phone.
- Tap the menu button on the top-left of the app.
- Tap "Routines."
- Tap the top button that says "When this happens."
- Choose "Voice."
- Enter the phrase "Good morning."
- Tap "Save."
- Now choose "Add action."
- Tap "Weather."
- Tap "Add."
- Now tap "Add action"
- Tap "Traffic."
- Now tap "Add action" again.
- Tap "Music."
- Enter in an artist like Bruce Springsteen.
- Choose your music provider, such as Spotify.
- Tap Next.
- Tap "Create."
Now, when you say "Alexa, good morning." Alexa will tell you the local weather, how long will it take to get to work on your commute, and then start playing Bruce Springsteen. (Note: if you have not set up your commute in the Alexa app yet, you can do this by going to settings> traffic.)