Monday , January 25 2021

Doctors blame the tap water in the net amoeba net pot



SEED – Doctors believe that a woman who has died of rare brain-ammo uses tap water to rinse the sinuses.

The 69-year-old Seattle resident died in February after a brain surgery operation at the Swedish Medical Center. The doctor tells her that the Seattle Times has an "amoeba everywhere she's eating only brain cells."

According to a study published in the International Journal of Infectious Diseases, doctors believe that the woman was probably infected when she used tap water in her net-pot-like kettle used to clear the nasal passages.

Health officials suggest using only distilled, sterile or pre-boiled water for sinus rinsing. Tap water can contain small organisms that are safe to drink but can survive in the nasal passages.

Such infections are very rare. There are three similar cases in the US from 2008 to 2017.


Source link