Star was born nominated for the 25th Screen Actors Guild Awards with four nominations, including the best ensemble on Wednesday, firmly endorsing Bradley Cooper's romantic revival as this year's academic awards.
In the nominations announced in West Hollywood, California, the acting guild – one of the most anticipated Oscars – casts cold water to the campaign of rewarding many contenders while rising others. But Star was born (best actor), Lady Gaga (best actor) and Sam Eliot (best supporting actor).
The other nominees for the best group prize, the best ensemble, were: black Panther, Bohemian Rhapsody, BlacKkKlansman and Crazy rich Asians,
This category is most carefully watched because only once in the last two decades the eventual Oscar, best picture winner, has not been nominated for Best SAG Ensemble. The only aberration, however, was last year when Guillermo del Toro was The shape of the water overcame SAG's failure to win the best picture.
Unless a new trend is formed, it is an alarming news story about the hopes of the Oscars Deputy, Dick Cheney's Biometr by Adam McKay (who led the Golden Globe nominations last week); The drama of Netflix by Alfonso Cuaron Rome (the predominant choice of critical groups); and the 1962 voyage. Green Paper,
Deputy still scored SAG nods for Christian Bale and Amy Adams, just like Green Paper won nominations for Vigo Mortensen and Marchesla Ali.
But Rome was completely excluded, as well as Neil Armstrong's drama about Damian Chasele First man and Harri's Love Story to Barry Jenkins If Bale Street could talkThe Most Expected King of Regina Bale Street to be among the supporting candidates for a female actor.
Instead, Wednesday's nominations gave incredible support Bohemian Rhapsody, Freddy Mercury's biography, which was hit by the audience but was shot dead by critics.
Despite being seen as a one-minute show by Rami Malek, the film proves to be nominated for her participation in the ensemble. Malek is also nominated for Best Actor.
On-screen actors seem to prefer big ticket sellers to smaller independent ensembles.
The Comedy Sensation of Ryan Conghor black Panther also drew a nomination for his team of cascades. Spike Lee BlacKkKlansman nodded for John David Washington and Adam Driver.
Crazy rich Asians co-star Awkwafina, leading Wednesday morning with Laverne Cox's Orange is the new black, has the unusual pleasure of announcing the nomination of the ensemble of romantic comedy.
"It was all mine," she joked.
The period of George Lantymos Your favorite failed to break the best ensemble, but his three leaders – Olivia Coleman, Rachel Weis and Emma Stone – were nominated as expected. Stone added a second nod for his presentation to the Netflix ministers Maniac.
Emily Blount also scored two nominations: one for her lead performance Mary Popin is back and one for their supporting role in A quiet placeThe other top female runners along with Blunt, Lady Gaga and Colman were Glenn Close (The woman) and Melissa McCarthy (Can you ever forgive me?)
Blount's nomination for A quiet place was among the nominations "many surprises, as well as the supporting order of Margo Robbie for Queen Elizabeth Mary Queen of the Scots,
Timothy and Chalameth (Call me with your name) scored his second nomination for SAG for his support in the drama of addiction Handsome boyThe ending of the category with Ali, Driver and Elliott was for Richard E. Grant Can you ever forgive me?
Typically, about 15 of SAG's 20 individual candidates are ranked exactly with the potential Oscar field.
In TV categories, The amazing Mrs. Meissel and Ozark led by four nominations each. Barry, GLOW, The Tale of the Deal and The Cominski method they approached three nominations each.
For the best ensemble in the comedy they are Atlanta, Barry, GLOW, The Cominski method and The amazing Mrs. MeisselThe dramatic series of the ensemble consist of: Americans, Better call Saul, The story of Hyde, Ozark and This is us,
Although Netflix is almost closed on the part of the film (his singular nomination is for a stunt ensemble of Buster Skroud's ballad), he dominated the television categories with a total of 15 nods.
The SAG Awards will take place on January 27 and will be broadcast live by TNT and TBS. This year's show will satisfy Alan Alda with the Achievement Award for the Actor Guild Award.
Nominated for the 25th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards
- actor: Christian Bale, Deputy; Bradley Cooper, Star was born; Rami Malek, Bohemian Rhapsody; Vigo Mortensen, Green Paper; John David Washington, BlacKkKlansman,
- actress: Emily Blunt, Mary Popin is back; Glenn Close, The woman; Olivia Coleman, Your favorite; Lady Gaga, Star was born; Melissa McCarthy, Can you ever forgive me?
- Supporting actor: Mahershala Ali, Green Paper; Timothée Chalamet, Handsome boy; Adam Driver, BlacKkKlansman; Sam Eliot, Star was born; Richard E. Grant, Can you ever forgive me?
- Support actress: Amy Adams, Deputy; Emily Blunt, A quiet place; Margo Robbie, Mary, queen of the Scots; Emma Stone, Your favorite; Rachel Weis, Your favorite
- Starring: Star was born, black Panther, BlacKkKlansman, Bohemian Rhapsody, Crazy rich Asians.
- Actor in a TV movie or miniseries: Antonio Banderas, Genius: Picasso; Darren Chris, The Assassination of Gianni Versace: The Story of American Crime; Hugh Grant, Very English scandal; Antony Hopkins, King Lear; Bill Pullman, The Ugly Truth,
- Actress in a TV movie or a miniseries: Amy Adams, Sharp objects; Patricia Arquette, Escape from Danieiro; Patricia Clarkson, Sharp objects; Penelope Cruz, The murder of Gianni Versace: American Crime History; Emma Stone, maniac,
- Actor in a dramatic series: Jason Bateman, Ozark; Sterling K. Brown, This is us; Joseph Fennes, The Tale of the Deal; John Krasinski, Jack Ryan to Tom Clancy; Bob Odenkirk, Better call Saul,
- The actress in a dramatic series: Julia Garner, Ozark; Laura Lennie, Ozark; Elizabeth Moss, The Tale of the Deal; Sandra Oh, Kill Eve; Robin Wright, House of cards,
- Actor in a series of comedies: Alan Arkin, The Cominski method; Michael Douglas, The Cominski method; Bill Hader, Barry; Tony Schalhub, The amazing Mrs. Meissel; Henry Winkler, Barry,
- The actress in a series of comedies: Alex Borstein, The amazing Mrs. Meissel; Alison Bree, GLOW; Rachel Brosnan, The amazing Mrs. Meissel; Jane Fonda, Grace and Frankie; Lily Tomlin, Grace and Frankie.
- An ensemble in a dramatic series: Americans, Better call Saul, The Tale of the Deal, Ozark, This is us,
- Ensemble in a series of comedies: Atlanta, Barry, GLOW, The Cominski method, The amazing Mrs. Meissel,