Earlier this morning, the weather forecast in Vancouver called for heavy winds and heavy rain. Now some streets of Metro Vancouver are flooded and cars are underwater.
There is currently a rainfall warning in the area and precipitation from 40 to 60 mm can be observed. What's more, the weather forecast in Vancouver requires a long rain to follow.
A number of Twitter users share images of heavy floods, and some of them show cars that are flooded above the top of their tires.
– Michael McCullo (@sonofaboar) December 11, 2018
– Stephen M (@ thescriptclub) December 11, 2018
– Gladys (@ gvogstad) December 11, 2018
– Sara Godin (@EssGeeInBC) December 11, 2018
Oh, someone seems to have ignored the barrier "this section is closed". pic.twitter.com/NlKXkz5zng
– Jennifer C (@ flyingfingers73) December 11, 2018
Although several warnings have been issued for Metro Vancouver, many signals have been issued to the province. For example, an intense frontier system from the Pacific Ocean will spread heavy snow on the highway from the Nadezhda to Merit tonight.
– ECCC Time British Columbia (@ ECCCWeatherBC) December 11, 2018