In a public statement, Enel Generación Chile, which manages the Bocamina thermal plant in Coronel, announced this afternoon that it has decided to submit its Statement of Wording made by the Superintendence of Environment (SMA).
"Because of the above, the company requested an extension of the deadline approved by the authority," the company said.
"Enel Generación Chile has made a number of environmental improvements at the Bocamina plant by raising its management standard, with sustainability being a central axis of the company's strategic focus," the company said.
On that day, SMA reported that it had filed charges against the company for environmental bias in the Biobío region.
The projects to be called into question are the thermoelectric central extension "Bokamina" (Second Division), which is ecologically qualified under RCA N ° 206/2007; "Expansion of the Bocamina Thermoelectric Plant", RCA N ° 017/2010; and "Optimization Bocamina Second Block Thermoelectric Plant", RCA No. 128/2015.
The violations were found in the operation of two thermoelectric power plants, Block 1, called the Bocamina 1 (CTB1) and Block 2, the Bocamina 2 (CTB2) thermoelectric plant, to which a permanent program for monitoring the quality of waste water was established. , according to DS 90/2000.
On the basis of the environmental monitoring reports, the supervisor identified six facts constituting an infringement:
1. CTB1 does not report all parameters listed in its monitoring program.
2. CTB1 does not report with the required frequency of observation.
3. CTB1 exceeds the maximum allowable level for the Fecal Coliform and / or Total Suspended Solids parameter.
4. CTB1 did not report a background associated with the requisite reimpolation.
5. CTB2 does not report all the parameters specified in its monitoring program.
6. CTB2 does not report at the required frequency.
These infringements are classified as insignificant so that the company may be subject to a written warning or a fine of up to 1000 units of annual tax (UTA).
Following notification of this wording, Enel Generación Chile S.A. will have 10 business days to submit a Compliance Program (PdC) and 15 Business Days to form their respective disclaimers.