Summer is just a little longer and the desire to lose weight quickly looks stronger. The slogan seems to lose extra pounds in a short time and without effort. Undoubtedly, express diets, consumption of weight-loss drugs or "miracle" diets can produce undesirable effects on human health, such as cardiovascular problems, osteoporosis or the feared rebound effect, which is weight gain. after a diet, failure in the results expected to be achieved.
Concerned about this, nutritionists from Peumo Hospital delivered recommendations for the community.
"The best way to lose weight is not to skip any meals throughout the day, respect eating schedules, combine vegetables, fruit, water and physical activity into the menu. Diets quickly limit and prohibit food, nutrition, which results in imbalances in the body. This is also Often used supplements for athletes and fat burners, which contain large amounts of caffeine and metabolic stimulants, cause different cardiovascular diseases.The contraindications they have are insomnia, tachycardia, anxiety or muscle weakness, "said specialist specialist Nayade Guerrero.
In turn, professionals recommend that "it is very important to consult a nutritionist, because following a pattern depends on many factors, such as health status of each person, age, weight, related diseases, etc."
"The best advice that must be followed to achieve weight loss in an effective and natural way is: do not skip any meals every day and consume every 3 or 4 hours to reduce food portions," the expert added.
Nutritionist Lissett Vidal urges to maintain a healthy life throughout the year and not just before the arrival of summer. "Ideally it is always to include 3 servings of fruit and 2 vegetables together with 2 liters of water every day. All of the above together with daily physical exercise routines, which can walk, ride a bicycle and run fast, etc., with a minimum of 30 minutes a day and even "3 times a week," he said.
On the same line, experts submit a series of recommendations to consider:
- Eat at least four times a day.
- Do physical activity: The only way to lose weight is to produce a moderate calorie deficit and increase your level of spending with physical activity, with this it is possible to consume more than what is digested and fat reserves used to function.
- Weight loss is achieved by reducing the consumption of processed fats and sugars; namely, fried foods, meat with skin and fat, cheese, nuts, mayonnaise, candy, chocolate, cakes, creams, ice cream, etc.
- You should not miss meals, especially breakfast, because metabolism works better when consumed.
- Once the desired weight is reached, it is necessary to follow a maintenance diet, which may consist of intake below calorie expenditure or balance with it, which depends on each person.
- The only way to get rid of fat in the diet, and not muscle mass, is to do the exercises. In this way the muscles also increase, which consumes more calories.