"Expectations at the levels that are too high and the degree of perfection that can not be reached will take physical and mental health forward by getting to know the importance of achieving the goal of enjoying the road," explained Vithas Nisa Pardo de Aravaca Hospital Psychologist Madrid) Carlos Rodriguez Mendez.
Perfectionism can be a virtue. Plan carefully things, perform detailed techniques, be precise with personal work and demanding with results are positive qualities for everyone.
The problem comes when they are extreme. People with an excessive level of perfectionism can be firm in their convictions, extremely critical of themselves and untiring. These characteristics lead directly to suffering, frustration and anxiety.
In addition, attitude towards perfection usually reveals insecure people who claim to be protected against any possibility of error. The fear of rejection and external criticism requires man to raise his levels where there is no possibility of failure.
Perfectionism has health consequences. A study by Brock University in Ontario, Canada, with people aged between 24 and 35, shows that most perfectionists usually suffer from pain, insomnia and fatigue. This means that it is somatically associated with sleep problems, digestive problems, headaches or dermatitis caused by increased stress.
On the other hand, there are often cases that lead to obsessive-compulsive disorder or AMD, which is characterized by the compulsive setting of everyday habits that are satisfactory and enjoyable, which can function as an escape from the anxiety caused by the inability to reach perfection.
Moreover, the American National Institute of Mental Health mentions that these people suffer from repetitive and worrying thoughts called mania. To control them, people with TAC repeat rituals and behaviors they call forced. Those who suffer from the disease can not control their thoughts or rituals that interfere with their everyday lives.
The consequences of excessive perfection can be found in the workplace with extreme waste of time in reviews and reviews, in addition to slower task execution. In the personal sphere, perfectionists are often attracted to someone who is not, and who, besides displaying a more natural face in their way of life, acts as a guide to improving self-esteem and self-esteem.
Take the middle
Continuous search for perfection is not a disease or a serious behavioral violation, but it has to be controlled because it can develop unfavorably. The hospital Vithas Nisa Pardo de Aravaca recommends that the environment be created.
– Be realistic. Know your own limitations and, above all, be aware of them to become allies. No one has unlimited capacities, and even the most successful people have very weak seats. If someone knows how far they can go, they will not be affected by any other comment and may stop accusing them of being no better than others. Trust will only improve.
– Do not compare. Find your own criteria and find the best version for yourself. If a person finds himself by comparing himself, he has to make all alarms jump and look for new perspectives from which to analyze this situation. Surely there are positive prospects for adoption.
– Enjoy it. Find a moment of free time, introspection and self-care. You do not have to spend all your time on something 100%, it is much better to diversify your work and enjoy the holes of disconnection. You have to let that feeling go to the moments of the greatest tension in life.
– Wrong. This can lead to failure and to analyze what will happen next. If you feel the inconvenience of not finding everything according to your preferences and completely finished, you will gradually cease to create anxiety. Add that you have to force yourself to keep some things around you in order to be in your place and avoid the temptation to put everything in your place.
– Work on yourself and look inside. Use relaxation techniques that improve stress, put yourself in the hands of a professional who helps you to inspire self-esteem, respect and speaking as you would like someone to talk to. We also have to confess the right to sin as a first step to allow ourselves the luxury of learning from mistakes, something that will bring out the best version of ourselves.
With information from Europa Press