Tuesday , June 22 2021

Vigo against cancer has raised 47,000 euros for research and activities – Vigo



The Vigo Association stressed that this year 277,234 cases of cancer in Spain will be diagnosed, 12% more than in 2015, according to the Spanish Society of Medical Oncology.

Most of the overall collection was achieved in October. VI Vigo's Varian Cancer Edition reached the maximum quota of 5,000 registered participants and managed to collect in which several thousand people. They ensure that the commitment and support of the Vigo City Council, including the 10 km test of the RUN RUN Vigo chain, is again a major one. In addition to the inscriptions, in 2018 the association received numerous donations from individuals and various private companies joining the cause. In addition, last summer Paula Torado and Adrian Alonso Paula distributed to the association the amount corresponding to the gifts for their wedding guests.
90% were donated to the Breogan Breast Cancer Consortium, and the remaining 10% will be allocated to activities with the children of oncology at the Álvaro Cunqueiro Hospital.
Breogan will invest 42,200 euros in the Bridges project, an international study aimed at identifying women at high risk of breast cancer by fully assessing genetic variants to detect the disease early and thus facilitate their treatment. In particular, the donation made by Vigo against cancer on 28 December will be used, on the one hand, to cover the cost of hiring a statistician / data manager and nurse. In addition, they will use the means to perform DNA extractions of blood samples and markers associated with breast cancer genetics. This year they will opt for a new research project.


Source link