After James Rodriguez was not bought by Bayern Munich, the Colombian name became one of the most spoken in rumors about the European market. The first thing that was said was that he would return to Real Madrid for a second chance, a version that did not last long because Zinedine Zidane returned to the bench and finally rejected it. He then played for teams from England, like Liverpool, Manchester United and Arsenal, but his employer, Portuguese Jorge Mendes, did not seem to be close to the Premier League. In the last month, the options were limited to two teams: Napoli and Atletico de Madrid.
But it seems that the Italian team will win the Colombian bid because it has been negotiating for a long time with Real Madrid more than the colchonero table. In addition, he became almost obsessed with Carlo Ancelotti, a coach of the Neapolitan team who wanted him for the third time under his leadership. And although the "10" of the national team is not the one who makes the final decision, he has given clues to his desire to reach Napoli.
Aside from all the career paths of James that seem to lead to Naples, we analyzed the pros and cons of his possible signing with Napoli, his fifth team, and his fifth league in European football.
– Carlo Ancelotti. He is the technician who has the greatest patience for James and who has been better at benefiting from the Colombian since he was the top scorer at the 2014 World Cup. He had it in Real Madrid and Bayern Munich and he always gave him confidence.
– Naples. Perhaps the most futuristic and passionate city of Series A. It may be an idol that moves the masses, such as Diego Maradona or Marek Hammis. The media will measure it for its sporting achievements; Without being as quiet as Munich, they will not live in their personal lives, as they did in Madrid.
– The Style of Italian Football. He has no speed in Germany, playing with more space, because "catenaccio", which is the defensive force of the League DNA, loses its validity. So James could show off his talent in a championship that tries to be more open in his game to attract fans.
He has no speed in Germany, playing with more space, because "catenaccio", which is the defensive force of the League DNA, loses its validity. So James could show off his talent in a championship that tries to be more open in his game to attract fans.
– Compatriot and friend. After arriving in Europe, the moments of greatest stability in James's career were in Porto and Monaco; There he shared with Freddy Gouarin and Falco Garcia. This time you can be with David Ospina, who will help you adapt to the environment in Italy; Moreover, more than a partner, the shooter is a friend and is a family.
– The champions. He will arrive in a team that will be in the most important race on the continent and will make it directly into the group stage. The fact that he is in the elite and struggles to get away is a motivation and a demonstration for the Colombian.
– Series A. It is a league that is missing among the biggest in Europe. He is under Spain, England and even Germany. Their teams are not used to going too far in European competitions and local parties have lost their appeal, so they want to attract attention again with the signing of James or Cristiano Ronaldo a year ago.
– Delay in signing. It has become a novel in a war tug, and in a very long time trying to catch up with shapes and payment options for the creative flyer. In this way, James has failed to perform his pre-season work and this could have affected this semester.
– Juventus. Unlike leagues like Spaniards or Germans, who always have the usual two candidates for the title, in Italy Serie A has an owner. Juventus has seven consecutive titles, and although Napoli has done everything to fight for the lead, the Torino team ends with a winning margin.