JAKARTA, AYOBANDUNG.COM– Apparently mangosteen fruit, which tastes sweet but sometimes quite sour, has many health benefits and is low in calories.
The following benefits of purple-skinned fruits and bright white fruit flesh, as reported by Medical Daily:
1. Fruit compounds have antibacterial potency.
2. The anti-inflammatory properties of Mangosteen are useful in dealing with colds and flu.
3. Mangosteen is rich in magnesium, manganese, copper and potassium, all of which can help lower blood pressure.
4. Due to the fiber and vitamin C in it, mangosteen can help strengthen the immune system.
5. Mangosteen can help reduce inflammation and help prevent cancer.
6. Studies show that this fruit can help reduce weight because it helps to increase fat metabolism in the body.
7. Mangosteen can also control blood sugar levels.
Studies have shown that this fruit can reduce insulin resistance and therefore can control diabetes. Mangosteen also has fiber that is able to control blood sugar levels.
8. Mangosteen juice protects the skin from the UV rays and also helps fight the signs of aging by increasing the elasticity of the skin.
9. Mangosteen fruits can also make the heart healthier by raising the levels of good cholesterol in our body.
10. Mangosteen helps digestion and avoid constipation because it is rich in good fiber.