Monday , October 3 2022

The health budget is sufficient for only 60% of patients



[ad_1]

Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF), under the auspices of Health Minister Jameel Jabbak, celebrated its first anniversary at the Rafik Hariri University Hospital, where the center provides maternal health care through obstetrics and is the first state hospital in Lebanon. ,

"The ministry is working with the World Health Organization to accept comprehensive health coverage as a major goal of the new national health strategy, and will soon be issued with a healthcare card that should cover all Lebanese people,

"The budget of the Ministry of Health is sufficient to cover the cost of hospitalization for about 60% of the 1.8 million patients who have no guarantors while the hospitalization costs of the remaining 40% relate to reconciliation agreements with hospitals," he said he.

He explained that "the ministry seeks to launch a project in coordination with state hospitals where laboratory tests and radiographs at the expense of the Ministry of Health within a special budget, the patient is not obliged to stay in the hospital to perform these tests, and this will reduce the bill on the one hand, the income of public hospitals, on the other hand, which increase the ability of the latter to meet their needs, in particular to secure the salaries of their employees in a permanent and orderly manner.

He also referred to a project to cooperate with the World Bank to develop and equip state hospitals. He said he relied on the project to "raise the level of state hospitals, especially in parties such as Akkar, Hermel, and Baalbek, so they do not lack high-care rooms or specialized heart centers leading to death of patients on the road to reach hospitals equipped in large cities. "

In conclusion, he stressed that he had decided to "restore the hospital sector so that President Rafik Hariri's hospital would be a successful example for all other state hospitals."

[ad_2]
Source link