An Auckland teenager who died of a severe allergic reaction rewarded his heart, lungs, kidneys and liver to save others.
Edyn Rubena-Misilisi, from Manurewa, died on Sunday after suffering from severe anaphylactic shock due to peanut allergy.
The 16-year-old split on Friday wearing his school uniform and with his saxophone, the mother of Bonita Misilisi said. Goods.
Anaphylaxis is the most severe form of an allergic reaction, often affecting several parts of the body, including difficulty breathing, sudden drop in blood pressure, or both, according to Allergy New Zealand.
READ MORE MORE:
* Life-threatening allergies & # 39; defects & # 39;
* Boy, 8, helps save mothers after life-threatening anaphylactic reactions
* An Australian boy died of an allergic reaction to his hospital breakfast
Edyn was eating at a friend's house last Wednesday when he began to get a reaction.
Not wanting to draw attention to himself, Edyn headed home, where he could inject himself with one of three Epipens – devices that regulate adrenaline to combat allergic reactions.
He then called 111. Paramedics arrived in seven minutes, the family said.
Mrs. Edyn, along with firefighters and paramedics, took turns doing CPR at home for 10-15 minutes, before she was taken to Middlemore Hospital.
Morris Misilisi's father said that Edyn had experienced a similar reaction before and tried not to attract attention, but there was nothing significant like this.
He was stubborn and never wanted to disturb anyone, he said.
Edyn went into a coma until Sunday, when her parents made the decision to donate her organs.
Even though it is against their cultural values, "Edyn will want this", his mother said.
Bonita said Edyn was known as 'the mum', "he is always about other people and not himself."
TAKE ALERGY MORE SERIOUSLY
Edyn's said that people need to take food allergies seriously.
They urge people with food allergies and their families to know what to look out for and have a plan in place if a reaction occurs.
His father said people who suffer from allergies "must be a little more vigilant".
The message for young people is not to be afraid of "putting someone out" by having allergies.
TELLING GOODBYE TO A FRIEND
Friends are told Goods Edyn is confident and not afraid to meet new people and make new friends.
"He's respectful. He likes to have fun and jokes," someone said.
They describe it as intelligent, innovative, determined, inspiring and encouraging.
He likes music, including K-Pop (Korean pop music) and can rap in Japanese.
"He never let his allergies hold him back – he will handle the situation himself," said another friend.
Edyn attended Auckland Girls Grammar School for years 9 and 10, before moving to Manurewa High School.
He was in the Kahurangi whānau unit, and studied English, revised and Japanese, said his parents.
In a tribute shared on Facebook and on its website, Manurewa High School said Edyn was an "extraordinary student who fully involved himself in our school life and truly lived up to our values".
"Edyn symbolizes our vision of Piki or fighting, aiming high, fighting for excellence," the site said.
As well as being a "hard worker and outstanding scholar", Edyn played saxophones in the Mit Eldnar school band, and was involved with the Environmental Council.
"Edyn is always generous with her time and always thinks of others," the school said.
"Thank you for the time we can share with you, thank you for being an extraordinary person. You have become a real credit for the values and support given to you by your parents and whānau. We will all miss you, rest in peace.
"Our hearts are sobbing for families under a cloud of sadness. For our girl Edyn, going to be a star that will shine on us forever.
"We are here, all we can do is cry. Go, calm yourself."
The Givealittle page has been prepared to help families at a cost.
More than $ 13,294 has been donated so far.