Singer R Kelly was arrested in Chicago on Thursday (Friday in New Zealand) after being charged with 13 federal allegations, including sexual offenses, a spokeswoman for the prosecution said.
Joseph Fitzpatrick said the R & B singer was detained around 19 am local time (12:00 New Zealand time) and was held by the federal authorities.
He was arrested after a federal court for the US Northern District in Illinois was handed over to a federal prosecutor.
"The census includes child pornography, kidnapping of a minor and impeding justice," Fitzpatrick said, adding that additional details would soon be released.
* R. Kelly is not found guilty of another 11 accusations of gender
* Kelly is accused of 11 new sex crimes in Chicago
* Kelly was released from prison in the United States after paying a living allowance
* Kelly fell apart during the interview
* Kelly faces possible child support charges
* R Kelly leaves the prison after publishing $ 100k in the case of sexual violence
The R & B singer has already faced separate state allegations of sexual relations in Illinois involving four women, three of whom are underage when abusive.
He is recognized as innocent on these charges and released on bail.