Date of publication: Thursday 25 April 2019 1:47
Jurgen Klop removed the speculation about the transfer by linking Liverpool to Lorenzo Insing at today's Melwood press conference.
Klap, speaking in front of Anfield's clash on Huddersfield on Friday, was asked if there was any truth in they say Clop wants to sign Insigne this summer.
"We will not sign Lorenzo Insinne. He is a very good player but has a long-term contract in Naples, "said Clap.
– We will not even try it.
The Red Boss, who previously hinted that Liverpool's transfer plans would not be as extensive as in previous windows, once again said their activity would be low.
"We will always try to improve the team. We will always try to learn, I think this is the best way to do it, "added Clap.
– The team is pretty well balanced. Our plans are not for the public, it is.
– Will Liverpool's largest window be the biggest? No, but you would be surprised to say yes.
"Our eyes are always open. We always look. What if and when, but there is nothing to say at the moment. "
The reports this week claimed Liverpool was in the first position to sign the Napoli striker of € 100 million Insigne.
Corriere dello Sport claimed that the reds are still lighted towards Italy – a player who is understood to have been Liverpool radar for a while.
Italian website La Repubblica, quoted by Sport WitnessLast month, Jurgen Klop's country saw a huge offer of 70 million euros for Serie A sensation rejected in the window in January.
The 27-year-old, who has signed a contract by 2022, has scored 13 goals and has contributed seven assists to Napoli this season and is now captain of the Naples club.