So far, three local banking houses are offering a solution.
Garmin Pay and Fitbit Pay payment solutions have been operating in Slovakia since late April. He has been offering them so far Slovenská sporiteľňa, Poštová bank and 365 banksHowever, other companies also plan to make payments by the clock.
Clocks can be paid where there is a contactless payment terminal. In total, these are more than 70,000 operations in the Slovak Republic. Stores do not have to change equipment.
In Slovakia you pay for the Apple Watch through Apple Pay, In contrast, smartwatch payments are not allowed through Google Pay and Google Pay is not yet knownwhen the company unblock them in our country. In the meantime, join us Samsung Pay,
What banks say
See what banks are currently saying to launch Garmin Pay and Fitbit Pay:
- MBank but does not want to specify when they arrive. "We are currently testing Fitbit Pay and Garmin Pay and plan to make it available to our customers after a while," said Pajtink's team, which represents the bank.
- ČSOB confirms that it is interested in starting watch payments and sees them as an important payment method. "We will inform our clients in advance of the availability of these solutions in advance," said spokeswoman Anna Jamborova.
- Tatra Bank Claims for tracking payments through watches and bracelets. In the meantime, it offers payments for the Apple Watch. "Of course, we have the ability to pay with Garmin Pay and Fitbit Pay. We are currently working on the implementation of other plans, but we do not exclude support for these forms of payment in the future, "said Bank Product Manager Ľubka Gubová.
- VUB commented on the topic sternly but clearly. "We are not planning these services yet," said PR manager Dominic Mischa.
- Fio Bank "We're not planning to launch these services at the moment," said Robert Komarowski of the bank's marketing department.
- OTP Bank there are other priorities at the moment. "At the moment, we do not plan to launch Garmin Pay or Fitbit Pay," Miroslava Yurachikova told the institution's marketing department. She added that she wanted to focus on launching Apple Pay and Google Pay,
How they work
To use the service, simply select Fitbit Pay or Garmin Pay from the watch app on your phone, add a card and confirm it with your bank. The merchant does not see the card number when making a payment and a special one-time number is generated.
photo gallery / 2
At least two other banks plan to keep payments by clock.
In addition, you need to select the four-digit PIN that you enter when you put your watch back in your hand – for security reasons.
What devices are supported?
- Garmin D2 Delta S, D2 Delta, D2 Delta PX, D2 Delta PX, D2 Delta PX, D2 Delta PX, D2 Delta PX, D2 Delta PX, D2 Delta PX, D2 Delta PX, D2 Delta PX, D2 Delta PX, D2 Delta PX , D2 Delta PX Vivoactive 3 Music
- Fitbit Ionic, Ionic Adidas Edition, Charge 3 Special Edition, Versa Special Edition