More than ten innovative safety technologies in one car: an entirely new type of airbags and simple carrots, how to reach the rear passengers.
Mercedes-Benz is the brand that wants to always be the first in the field of assistive systems deployment. We recall ABS and ESP (ESC). Well, on the airbag. Yes, all these ubiquitous devices were first discovered in Mercedes. At one time, these were many futuristic systems without which we no longer introduce a serial car today, regardless of brand and price.
Ten years after the latest 2009 concept vehicle, announcing some new safety technologies, which were then largely taken over by the then-class S and followed by other models, Mercedes-Benz has created a new concept car from 2019. As a test car, of course, you will recognize the new generation of GLE class, which testifies that the developed technology can now be fully adapted to the production car and therefore closer than we think.
You will see a large number of mercedes along the coastal highway
The ESF has embedded more than ten innovative technologies that will soon be able to help people in the car experience driving even safer and more convenient. It is no surprise that many systems touch the field of autonomous driving and automated communication between vehicles or other drivers. There are some innovations in the preventive detection of danger.
Some of the most interesting presentations in the Mercedes-Benz ESF 2019
- ESF has steering wheel in the form of formula 1, which, like the pedals, can be placed in the instrument panel, which is suitable for the autonomous driving mode. This makes the driver's seat more flexible, including, among other things, that the seat belt is integrated, giving more freedom in the seat adjustment. Such changes require a new driver's air cushion, which is no longer integrated into the steering wheel, and the armature is also large and irregular in shape.
- special graphics panels the front mask and rear glass allows you to display different written and graphic warnings for other road users – such as the danger sign, etc. When the vehicle is in stand-alone mode, the special turquoise light informs it in the vicinity.
- Indoor lighting it also works during the day – studies show that people in cars get too little sunlight, and the news helps to revitalize the body.
- The ESF introduces front airbags (not curtain!) for rear passengers. Probably they will be built into the new S class next year.
- Updated PRE-Safe Child System developed in cooperation with the Britax child seat. When the seat is connected to the standard isophane, it is at the same time seat and car they also communicate so that the driver can check whether the seat and the child are properly attached. New rear airbags are also adapted.
- You are not stuck, You do not have a USB port – The use of device outlets is not possible if the rear bench passengers are not attached. An easy way to encourage passengers to adhere.
- Advanced sensors and light signals: ESF is integrated on the roof LIDAR sensors for autonomous control, which accompanies 360 degrees around the vehicle and adjusts the functions.
- PRE-SAFE impulse: an automatic system that is hip-hop little accelerates, to avoid or at least alleviate the effects of the collision of the second vehicle at the back of Mercedes.
- PRE-SAFE curve: a system that with the driver's belt guide and passengers according to GPS carefully clamp and it is better to keep a sharp turn.
- PRE-SAFE Side Light: The car is embroidered in a special way electroluminescent paint, who say close to the junctions, kindled a car to make it more visible.
- Robotic triangle: the classic safety device acquires new life with ESF – in the event of a malfunction or failure, the safety triangle falls backwards and automatically "drives" up to 200 meters for the vehicle. At the same time, an integrated triangle is integrated on the driver's roof.
Mercedes's novelty: it will no longer be the same as it was