It is clear that there is a need for awareness of age-related hypertension. On May 17 World Day of Hypertension, the information made on this issue has made it clear. So what happens if you find hypertension and face? Koch University Hospital, Department of Cardiology Dr. Saide Aytekin, "blood pressure in the vein in the wall of the vessel," hyperton tek is called. Hypertension, also known as "high blood pressure, can cause damage to the inner surface of the vessel due to the effect of high blood pressure on vascular walls." Hypertension is expressed in certain numbers. According to Haberturk Ceyda Erenoğlu nun this figure shows the changes in the management over the years. As a result of post-2015 studies, high blood pressure is reduced to 120/80 mm / Hg, causing heart and brain damage due to hypertension and a reduction in deaths as a result. Finally, in 2017, the American Heart Association's Guidelines for Hypertension are rated as high blood pressure above 130/80 mm / hg. This manual states that people with blood pressure above 130/80 mm / hg can receive medication after taking the necessary precautions.
Symptoms of hypertension
* Breast pain
Disorder in the eyes
* Bloody nose,
* Ringing in the ears,
* Difficulty walking and climbing stairs,
* Occasionally very frequent urination (wake from night sleep and urination)
* Swelling of the legs
Note: Top among all symptoms; headache, neck pain, dizziness, flushing, palpitations, mild fatigue. When you experience one or more symptoms of hypertension, you should consult a doctor.
BEST RESULTS HAND TOOLS FOR RESULTS
Measurements of blood pressure are made with a sphygmomanometer. It is assumed that the upper arm, i. arm and elbow, measured between the manual sphygmomanometer, give the most accurate results. Devices measuring the wrist with automatic tools are often misdiagnosed. Blood pressure should be measured by both hands. If there is venous stenosis, blood pressure may be low. If both sides have the same measurement when the two hands are measured, it can continue from one hand. If there is a difference in the hands, the measurement in the high shoulder should be considered.
NECESSARY FOR IDEAL VOLTAGE MEASUREMENT
The rules to be taken into account when measuring blood pressure are listed below
* The environment should be quiet, relaxed and appropriate
* The patient should sit upright in a chair.
* If the patient is in a lying position, the measurement should be repeated in the sitting position.
* The feet on the ground, sloping back.
* You should not throw a foot on your leg.
There should be a mass to the patient holding the hand at the level of the heart.
* The procedure should be explained to the patient and more than one measurement should be done.
* The patient should be kept in this position for at least 5 minutes before the measurement.
* Coffee and cigarettes should not be smoked before measuring blood pressure.
* If the blood pressure is measured in a home wrist, the measurement should be done at least twice
* Between blood pressure measurement should be at least 15 minutes
* If an abnormal value occurs, a normal sphygmomanometer must be measured again. It should be borne in mind that digital devices that measure the upper arms usually provide healthier information.
FACTORS INCREASING HIGH VOLTAGE RISK
*age: High blood pressure increases with age. On the other hand, the height of blood pressure is usually 35-50 years.
* Gender: Considering the group below 50 years of age, it is more common in men. In the 50-55 age group the morbidity is flattened. At the age of 55, the incidence is higher for women.
* Heredity: About 60% of people with high blood pressure have high blood pressure in the family.
* Obesity: About 40% of obese people have high blood pressure. About one third of young patients are considered fat.
* Diabetes: High blood pressure is very common in diabetics.
* Excessive salt consumption: It is considered one of the causes of high blood pressure.
* Lack of physical activity: Increases the likelihood of high blood pressure.
* Drinking alcohol: The spread of high blood pressure increases with the use of alcohol.
* Stress: This makes it easier to show high blood pressure.
TYPES OF HIPERTENZIA
* Primary hypertension: Primary (or non-specific essential hypertension) is independent of any problem and is the underlying disease. This type of hypertension, 95 percent of the tension we see is a type of hypertension. Although it is usually found to be associated with certain genetic diseases, it is stated that the exact cause can not be fully explained.
Secondary (secondary) hypertension: Rare (5%) is defined as a type of blood pressure. Here is a disease that causes blood pressure. (Collapse of the kidney or tumor causing hypertension, etc.) However, in order to determine the cause of the problem, many tests and tests may be necessary.
PATIENTS WITH HIGH VOLTAGE should be done;
* Ensure weight control
* Accepting a mobile lifestyle
* Daily half-hour fast walking, if any
* Reduction of salt intake (daily intake of 6 grams, ie 1 teaspoon lower)
Smoking and alcohol
* Reduce high calorie foods high in fat
WHAT TO BE CONSIDERED IN THE TREATMENT OF A MEDICINE
Today there are many high blood pressure medicines that are used in our country and they all control blood pressure with different mechanisms. One or more of the most appropriate, age, gender, high blood pressure, cause of blood pressure and concomitant illness should be prescribed, taking into account the patient and how to use it. Hypertension is a chronic disease and requires periodic medical observation and treatment. For this reason, the physician's orientation and patient's consent are considered essential for more successful treatment. Drugs that are good for people like friends, neighbors, can cause side effects to someone else, suddenly stopping drug use or taking other medicines can lead to extremely dangerous results without asking for a doctor.
OR MEDICAL DOCTORS have a side effect?
Drugs that lower blood pressure have side effects. These side effects, however, are not observed with all drug users. When side effects are observed in a group of medicines, another group of medicines may be exchanged. If the side effect is dose-dependent, it is recommended to reduce the dose of the medicine and use it with another medicine. If any side effects occur, you should consult your doctor before the next dose or if the medicine is completely discontinued.
Do you want to have a drug all your life?
Medical treatment may be interrupted over a period of time, usually with lifelong treatment, in order to take some general precautions (diet, weight loss, regular exercise) in patients with mild hypertension. At this point, it is possible to monitor blood pressure values and not use medication if normal values are found.
Our misconceptions about hypertension
* A person who has no complaint is not interested in raising the blood pressure
* A person who is known to have hypertension does not go to a regular medical checkup and breaks his medication for various reasons.
* Discontinuation of the drug, given that drugs will cause long-term harm and neglect negativity
* Taking the medicine from another patient with hypertension without consulting the doctor and taking into account the good future.
* Smoking and alcohol, which is very important in the treatment and control of hypertension beyond treatment, the adoption of a mobile lifestyle, weight loss, healthy eating, and salt limitation factors such as neglect
* Testing of different treatments (eg, some plants) without scientific evidence to control hypertension.