The corporation announced that in 2019 it plans to increase investment in gaming, increasing the number of developers of Overwatch, Call of Duty, Candy Crush, Warcraft, Hearthstone and Diablo brands by about 20%.
This is partly due to the massive decline in other departments of the corporation, which are considered "inflated". Activision intends to focus on developing games to launch new products more often.
Other important points of the report
- Sales of the collection Trash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy over 10 million copies.
- new Call Duty (probably Modern Warfare 4) is linked to the origin of the franchise, but Activision warns that sales may be lower than Black Ops 4. It will have a history campaign, a massive multiplayer and a fresh co-operation regime.
- According to Bobby Kothik, over the past ten years there has not been such a stir around the internal call of duty between local studios. This is almost the dream project Infinity Ward.
- sale Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 for the fourth quarter of 2018, they are higher than those of Call of Duty: Black Ops III in the fourth quarter of 2015, but the troika came out in early November, and the fourth in mid-October.
- 40% copies Black operations 4 of consoles purchased through digital services.
- The next season of Black Ops 4, which will begin on February 19 on the PS4, will be the biggest in the history of the project.
- In 2019 blizzard will not release big new items.
- Inability to develop fate and the "preparation" with Bungie is related to the desire to work on your own IP and the unsatisfactory financial performance of the franchise. In addition, two Activision studios worked on Destiny 2, which can now be taken over by corporations.