NVIDIA introduced the latest GeForce 418.91 driver for its graphics accelerators. This is WHQL certified and released as part of the Game Ready program, ie. is meant for new games. We're talking about action movies such as Metro Exodus, Anthem (Early Access), Crackdown 3 and Far Cry New Dawn – all will be released the same day, February 15th.
The main innovation, according to the company, is real-time real-time monitoring and intelligent full-screen anti-latching in Battlefield V (DLSS added to the latest update of the historic shooter) and Metro Exodus (actually this will be the second major RTX support project, even if only for global lighting).
NVIDIA also fixed some issues in this compilation:
- ground lines in Battlefield 1 when activating anisotropic filtering in NVIDIA's control panel;
- Event ID 14 error appears in Event View logs when the GeForce RTX 20 family's Digital Vibrance settings on the GeForce RTX 20 family have changed.
The engineers of the company continue to work to correct a number of known mistakes:
- G-SYNC and G-SYNC Compatible displays (Freesync certified monitors) connected in screen cloning mode, flicker is observed;
- DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG error message appears in Apex Legends and then the game crashes;
- in Hitman there are two pixel artifacts;
- GPU-accelerated Iray OptiX fails and switches to calculations using a CPU;
- turning on HDR in Ni nik Kuni 2 leads to a startup crash;
- multiple errors may occur when playing ARK Survival Evolved and then a blue screen;
- PhysX fog is displayed incorrectly in Batman: Arkham Origins;
- Cursor spoils when you keep on certain links in Firefox;
- Dynamic Super Resolution (DSR) is not available for 4k2k monitors;
- Randomly flicker on the desktop of some computers with multiple displays.
Also improved performance and stability. NVIDIA recommends installing GeForce Game Ready 418.91 WHQL for the best possible environment. This can be done using both the GeForce Experience app and the official site.
If you notice an error, select it with the mouse and press CTRL + ENTER.