In preparation for the upcoming summer season in Pokemon GO, a completely new update appeared. Finally, Eeveelution's enthusiasts can add Glaceon and Leafeon to Team Eevee's family. These two Pokémon, however, are not the only new additions as more and more Pokémon from the Sinnoh region have found their way into our AR Pokémon world.
Niantic has not yet published a complete list of new Pokémon additions, but the following Pokémon: Magnezone, Probopass, Cherubi, Cherrim, Wormadam Mothim, Hippopotas, Leafeon, Glaceon and Gible are confirmed between their blog posts and the images that advertise the update. The trainers also share their discoveries and discover these additional Pokémon in nature: Gabit, Hippodon and both forms of Shello.
Regarding the addition of these monsters from the Sinnoh region to your collection, they can be found in wildlife, hatched from eggs and / or evolved under specific conditions.
Here's a quick glimpse of everyone:
Before you can make more entries in Pokédex, we have to go through three brand new elements to help you find Pokémon. The ice lure, the Mossy Lure and the magnetic lure are three new Lure modules that adopt a simple theme. In the Pokémon GO blog, here's what can attract any lure:
- Ice-bait modules attract some cold-tempting Pokémon, such as water and ice-type Pokémon.
- Mossy Lure modules attract some Pokémon who like to have fun in the leaves, such as Pokémon type Bug-, Grass- and Poison.
- Magnetic bait modules attract some Pokémon, which are attracted to electromagnetic forces, such as some electrical, steel and rock pokemon.
Currently, these new baits can only be purchased through the Store, and each Lure costs 200 Poké Coins. Niantic promises that they will be available as "rewards for completing new special research tasks".
Evolution through baits
Ice, moss and magnetic lures change the way Lures works in many ways. For the first time baits can help in evolution. Based on these three different types, you can conclude that this is the way you can get Glaceon and Leafeon. Simply place the PokéStop bait and unwrap the Pokémon while standing below it:
- Mossy Lure: Allows Eevee to become Leafeon.
- Ice Finger: Allows Eevee to become Glaceon.
- Magnetic bait: Allows Magneton to become Magnesone and Nosepas in Probbos.
Simply enough, but definitely take your friends so everyone can take advantage of these baits! Make sure this is an Eveve party!
A new move
Besides these new Pokémon, who join our world, a new move is added to the game: Earth Power. Not limited to the new Sinnoh Pokémon, the full details are as follows:
- Earth Power is a powerful ground attack that can lessen your opponent's defense in training battles.
- Some Pokémon, who have recently arrived from the Sinoch area, will recognize the Earth Power.
- Other Pokémon, which could know the Earth's Power, are Nidoqueen, Nidoking, Aerodactyl, Camerupt, and Claydol.
Niantic teases that in this update there may be more surprises to make us discover more Pokemon. With Community Day this weekend, it sounds like this is the perfect time to exchange information with coaches and get the most out of these baits with the three-hour impulse!