Congress faces a deadline for a deal and signing by Trump before Friday.
The deal, which includes $ 1,375 billion for a barrier, is far less than the $ 5.7 billion initial demand for a wall. It does not even reach the $ 1.6 billion included in the Senate package last year.
However, the measure would prevent a new government closure. Studies have shown that Trump has been accused of the previous 35-day slack.
Even when MEPs were bargaining for details of their agreement, the White House planned behind the scenes to secure the funds for the wall unilaterally.
Not all will require a national emergency, and they are likely to be deployed in a piece, not necessarily all at once, once Trump has given up.
It is not clear which combination of actions the President can use. Estimates of how much each option could be won have also been discussed, and most White House assistants believe that any implementing action will lead to legal challenges – some will be easy and some more difficult from a legal point of view , for anyone who knows the issue. The President held almost daily meetings with senior advisors and others to discuss his options.
Based on CNN's latest reporting, the unilateral versions of the president include:
Access to funds for the seizure of government securities
Approximately $ 680 million
- It would not require the President to declare a national emergency.
- Includes unsecured funds from participating agencies that can be used to support law enforcement activities.
- Once the Office of Management and Budget reviews the order, the Treasury and the Department of Homeland Security will notify Congress, and then wait 15 days before the funds are due.
- Acquisition of land is allowed under this option.
Using the USC 284 to divert money from the Pentagon to fight drugs
Up to approximately $ 2 billion
- It can not require the President to declare an emergency at national level, according to the CRS legal report.
- The DHS must refuse to transfer its anti-drugs to build fencing to block drug smuggling.
- DHS asks the Department of Defense to help identify a place where a fence is needed to block a drug smuggling corridor.
Using USC 2808 to gain access to military construction funds
About $ 3.6 billion
- Asks the President to declare a national emergency.
- Will require military use.
- The President will declare border protection for a mission of the Ministry of Defense.
Use Army Corps resources using USC 2293
Approximately $ 3 billion
- He will ask the president to declare a state of emergency at the national level, according to an official US official.
- The army secretary may suspend or postpone civilian civil defense projects and use funds to build civil defense projects that are essential for national defense (the army secretary makes the final decision if it is essential for national defense).
- The unspent funds that could be used are now destined to go to Army Corps projects to repair infrastructure damaged by natural disasters.
Kevin Lippak, Veronica Strakkulursi, Cathy Collins, Tammy Cooperperman, Jim Acosta, Pamela Brown, Abby Philippe, Megan Vasquez and Joe Jones contributed to this report.