(NEWS NOW) A regular portion of chicken or fried fish is associated with an increased risk of death for some reason, except for cancer, according to a new study published this Wednesday in the medical journal BMJ.
According to information from CNN, the survey participants who enjoyed Fried chicken once or more per day they had a 13% higher risk of death for whatever reason, compared to women who did not eat fried foods.
Limit your consumption of fried foods, in particular fried chicken and fish, It can be useful for public health.
READ: The spinoffed market of all food products has declined in eight countries
Leading author of the study, Wei Bao, an Epidemiology Assistant at the University of Iowa, explained: "We know that Drinking fried foods is very common in the United States and around the world. Unfortunately, We know very little about the long-term effect of eating fried foods. "
Previous research has shown links between increased consumption of fried foods and increased risk of type 2 diabetes and heart disease,
In 2017, the researchers found this eat french fries two or more times a week, doubles the risk of premature death.
Fry can turn "something good into something harmful"
Bao's team explores the eating habits of nearly 107,000 people women between the ages of 50 and 79 in 40 US clinics between 1993 and 1998. They were followed on average for 18 years. The participants filled in a questionnaire on the frequency of the meal they were asking consumption and quantity for serving 122 foods, including fried chicken and fish, as well as french fries, tortillas and tacos.
LEE: Removes more than 48,000 pounds of terrestrial meat because they contain foreign material
on The results show that:
- Those who eaten one or more servings of fried foods a day had an 8% increased risk of death for all causes, as well as heart related deaths.
- Eating fried chicken has a 13% higher risk of death and a 12% higher risk of heart-related death.
- For fried fish, the increase in the risk of death and death associated with the heart is 7% and 13%, respectively.
If you cook a fish, something good can become something harmful, "he said.
According to the study, the risk may be that foods can be ultra – processed, which means that they may have a high sodium content, which contributes to an increased risk of mortality.
Tracy Parker, a senior dietician at the British Heart Foundation, said that "regular consumption of fried foods, especially when eaten, means that people consume more calories, fat and salt, and these foods are often served in larger portions. "
READ: Remove 8 brands of dog food with toxic vitamin levels
Experts conclude that: There are simple changes that can protect your health:
- Use healthier cooking methods at home (bake, bake or grill).
- Choose healthier options while eating.
- Control the food portions.
- Reduce the frequency of consumption of fried foods.
- Do not re-use cooking oil. (This can create more harmful products that are absorbed in food).
- When you eat fried foods, try to fry them at home.