(Gray News) – Chipotle Mexican Grill said on Thursday he received a subpoena from federal prosecutors for last year's illness that caused hundreds of people to become ill after eating at a restaurant in Ohio.
This is the fourth subpoena for the chain, which is part of the ongoing federal investigation, which also includes restaurants in Massachusetts, Virginia and California.
This is the fourth subpoena that is part of an ongoing US prosecution investigation into the Central District of California, which also includes restaurants in Massachusetts, Virginia and California.
"We have fully cooperated and intend to continue to cooperate fully with the investigation, and it is not possible at this time to determine whether we will be able to assess or assess the amount of the fines or sanctions in connection with the investigation, according to the summons," Chipotoul said at the filing upon request to the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Last August, nearly 700 people reported gastrointestinal problems such as nausea, diarrhea and fever after eating at Chipotle in Powell, OH.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have found that the outbreak is caused by clostridium perfringens, a type of bacteria that occurs when food is left at dangerous temperatures. This is one of the most common causes of food poisoning in the United States.
The three earlier summaries included diseases related to restaurants in Massachusetts, Virginia and California, and outbreaks of E. Coli, Salmonella and Norovirus from the end of 2015.
Responding to numerous outbreaks at the time, Chipotle closed all of its 2000 stores for hours on 8 February 2016 for food safety meetings with its employees. The identity of the chain is largely based on the use of fresh fixtures.
The chain switched off Powell, Ohio, for one day last summer after it broke out.
Copyright 2019 Gray Television Group, Inc. All rights reserved.